Depression is more common than most people may realize. According to the CDC, suicide is the third main cause of death among young people. Nearly 4,600 lives a year are lost to this cause. The NIMH estimates that in the US, 16 million adults suffer from at least one major depressive episode in a year. That comes to nearly seven percent of the population.
The World Health Organization figures show that 350 million people worldwide suffer from depression, making it the leading cause of disability. With no effective medication to heal depression in mainstream medicine, Ketamine Therapy has emerged as a safe and effective healing for depression.
Ketamine Clinics of Los Angeles, led by the outstanding and diligent Dr. Steven Mandel, provides ketamine infusion treatments to patients in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Orange County, California, and other towns and neighborhoods in this part of SoCal.
Healing the Symptoms of Depression
Ketamine IV Therapy will not only provide a temporary healing touch to a patient suffering from symptoms of depression, but can also work as a sustainable support system along with other therapies to help a patient come out of the state of depression entirely.
Ketamine Infusion Therapy can provide the following healing benefits for patients suffering from depression symptoms:
- Restore energy and rejuvenate the mind of patients who feel constantly drained and devoid of energy
- Improve sleep patterns for those who are facing sleep disturbances in the form of insomnia or oversleeping due to a depressive disorder
- Reverse the overwhelming feelings of sadness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Calm the mind and minimize sudden outbursts of anger and frustration
- Minimize the bouts of anxiety, agitation, or restlessness
- Help the patient recover their interest in activities previously enjoyed such as hobbies, sex, and sports
- Improve mental agility and reverse any slowdown in thinking process, responses, or body movements
- Relieve the feeling of worthlessness or guilt
- Help resolve unexplained aches and pain, including headaches
- Provide a healing touch and strength against recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
Restoring Brain Connections to Heal Depression
Ketamine Infusion Therapy can help restore brain connections to heal depressive disorders. Researchers at Yale and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) suggest that Ketamine Therapy may cause a burst of renewed connections to form between nerve cells in parts of the brain involved in mood and emotion.
These findings were published in the journal Science, and expected to speed the development of Ketamine IV Therapy as an effective healing solution for the symptoms of depression. Ron Duman, a psychiatarist and neurobiologist at Yale University, said that there is hope that the new information about ketamine may offer a complete new array of targets that could be developed that ultimately provide a much better way to heal the symptoms of depression.
According to Duman, this discovery about Ketamine Therapy perhaps represents one of the most critical findings in the field in more than 50 years. That is impressive! Lots of people will be and have been helped because of this innovation.
Awesome and focused Dr. Steven Mandel receives patients from Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Orange County, California, and nearby areas for ketamine infusion treatments.
For more information about Ketamine Infusion Therapy treatments for depression, bipolar, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), fibromyalgia, pain syndromes and other conditions contact us at the Ketamine Clinics of Los Angeles in Southern California (Orange County) by clicking here or calling 310-270-0625